Pebbles has finally broken her silence! About damn time, it’s only been 20 yrs!
As I have stated previously, there are three sides to every story: her side, his side (her side in the case of TLC), and the m*thaf*ckin truth. Well today we get Perri “Pebbles” Reid’s side of the story. As we all know Ms. Reid was not shown in the best light in the VH1 biopic, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story. VH1 basically snatched all of her edges and dragged her up and down these Hollywood streets!
Welp! Apparently Pebbles didn’t take to kindly to her edges being snatched, and she stopped by, The Wendy Williams Show, to set the record straight. Highlights from the interview:
- Pebbles states that she did not have Chilli removed from the group, she accused T-Boz and Left Eye of having her removed from the group because she was allegedly sleeping with the help(Dallas Austin)
- She believes Chilli was sleeping with her husband at the time, LA Reid
- She did not give the group Rav4’s, she claims that is what they asked for and what they could afford at the time.
- VH1 sent Pebbles a telegram stating that parts of the movie were not true to avoid lawsuit
- She is writing a book that details all her life and the details behind the TLC drama
- Her family doesn’t do “beat downs“
Well guys we have 2 sides: Her side (TLC’s side), Her side (Pebbles), but we still have yet to find the m*thaf*ckin truth, and I doubt whether anyone will ever know the truth. At this point, do we really care who stole what from whom? Both sides are clearly using this platform to generate more money. TLC is working on a new album and probably planning a tour and Pebbles is writing a book.
I will say I am glad that Pebbles finally came forward even though she really didn’t get down and dirty like I felt she should have. If someone is slandering you and has snatched your edges for the last 20 yrs(not allowing you any new growth), I would think you would find a way, confidentiality agreements aside to get your truth out, because TLC sure got theirs out via The VH1: Behind The Music and now CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story.
Check Out The Interview Below: