Today is Wellness Wednesday! In an effort to try to make better choices where eating is concerned I am always looking for ways to make my favorite foods healthy. Pizza is second to Mexican food on my list of favorite foods! I know what you’re thinking, cauliflower pizza how is that going to taste? Before you turn your nose up please give it a try. I am going to tell you like my mother used to tell me, when I was a kid, “How do you know you don’t like it? You haven’t even tried it!”
Check out the recipe below:
Cook: 1 hour
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup red bell pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
3 cloves of garlic, minced(more if you’re a garlic lover)
2 cup shredded part skin mozzarella
2 large eggs whites
1/3 cup of Parmesan
1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
1 cup or low sodium marinara
1. Preheat oven 375•F
2. In food processor or blender pulse half of the cauliflower 10 to 15 times or until finely chopped(like rice) Transfer to parchment paper. Repeat with other half of cauliflower. Coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Bake, stirring once, for 25 minutes. Let cool. Increase oven temperature to 450•F
3. Season boneless skinless chicken breast with Kosher salt and black pepper. Cut into bite sized chunks. In medium skillet coated with olive oil(only enough to to lightly coat skillet) over medium heat, cook boneless skinless chicken breast chunks until completely done (165•F). Set to the side once finished.
4. In a large skillet lightly coated with olive oil, sauté red peppers and mushroom until tender.
5. Place baked cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze until very dry. In large bowl combine cauliflower, 1tsp of olive oil, 1/4 cup of basil, black pepper, salt, garlic, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, and egg whites. On parchment paper lined baking sheet or pizza tray press mixture into two-8 inch circles. Coat crusts with cooking spray.
6. Bake crusts until browned, roughly about 25 mins. Remove from oven top with marinara, cooked chicken, red pepper/ mushroom mixture, spinach, tomatoes, remaining basil, black pepper, and remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts. Remove from oven and ENJOY!
Now keep in mind this recipe can be tweaked and modified. Feel free to add other healthy toppings. Also pair this with a small side salad. Try out this recipe and let me know how it goes!