Happy New Year Kinfolks! It’s 2018! Last year was a rough year for me and many others, but we are going to keep a positive outlook for this new year and we are going to speak amazing things into existence. I have been slacking off with keeping up with posting. I am going to make more of an effort to post more frequently. Also, there will be new and exciting changes coming to Wait…Wait…Whut!?! in the near future be on the lookout for that! I would rather show you than tell you!
Kinfolk let’s make 2018 the best year! I wish you all prosperity and good fortune this year! Go out there and be the amazing people that I know you are!
Whut goals have you set for yourself in 2018? Leave them in the comments!
Follow on: Instagram Twitter Facebook
Just throw the whole show away!
Complex has made what I consider the dumbest decision ever! They up and fired Joe Budden from the hugely successful show ‘Everyday Struggle’, which he co-hosted with DJ Akadmiks. The show was honestly some of the best content that Complex has put out. The dynamic between Budden and Akadmiks is one you won’t soon find anywhere. It blended old school and new school with Nadeska Alexis playing moderator. Continue reading
Kinfolk it with great sadness that I report that Reggie Ossé better known as Combat Jack has passed away after a battle with colon cancer. It was about a month ago that Combat Jack recorded an episode of The Combat Jack Show where he addressed his recent diagnoses of colon cancer. He sounded strong in his resolve to fight the devastating disease, which is why it’s so shocking to hear this news. But that is why cancer sucks, because you can be diagnosed one day and be gone the next. In case you missed the episode check it out below:
So… I guess MA$E really felt inspired to do new music after Camron dissed him on his mixtape, “The Program,” so much so he responded with “The Oracle,” a scathing diss track aimed at Cam. He was the clear winner of round one, and it only took 15 years, I guess better late than never. Check it out below in case you missed it:
The second episode of Xscape’s new Bravo reality show “Still Kickin,” chronicling their reunion came on last night. It was clear from the episode that the ladies of Xscape still have deep-rooted issues. These episodes were taped over the summer, so I was hoping they worked through these issues so they could secure the bag. They clearly didn’t! Fast forward to Andy Cohen’s “Watch What Happen Live” episode from last night and it’s clear that Xscape might don’t make it through this “Great Xscape Tour”
At the start of the interview, you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. It didn’t help that Andy was ripping the scabs off of old wounds and rubbing rock salt into them, with his shady questions. It also didn’t help that the interview seemed to focus primarily on Kandi, and the other ladies seemed like “Pips” as Kandi so eloquently put it.
It was revealed that Xscape minus Kandi is working on new music, to which everyone’s response was:
Apparently, Kandi is performing on Broadway. That’s awesome! But let’s be clear WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN XSCAPE AS A TRIO! It didn’t work back then and it isn’t going to work now!
It’s clear Kandi and The Scott sisters do not see it for each other. Kandi essentially said, “After this tour, I’m done with this bullshit.” The whole interview was a hot ass mess! While LaTocha may have been the cause of the break-up way back when it’s clear Kandi had no interest in the reunion at the doe!
This isn’t going to fare well with the audience for Kandi, she is coming off mean and bitter. This show is showing a side of Kandi we are not used to seeing.
I am going to say this and be done, ALL FOUR OF YOU ALL BETTER WORK IT OUT BY DECEMBER 31ST OR FAKE IT! If it’s not worked out or it’s not here members performing on the stage
Whut, say you?
Kinfolk I’m back with another album review, it’s late I know! But again better late than never! Tamar Braxton dropped her fifth studio album titled “Blue Bird of Happiness(BBH)” on September 29, 2017. Tamar had a lot to prove with this album especially after her last album “Calling All Lovers” didn’t do as well as she expected because she couldn’t promote the project due to health issues, the album was very solid nonetheless with or without promotion.
BBH has 11 tracks, which is GREAT, y’all know how I feel about overly long albums. 10-12 tracks is sufficient, anything more is overkill. Continue reading
Kinfolk it’s Throwback Thursday! #TBT I thought it would be fun to compile a list of songs from movie soundtracks that we know and love! Soundtracks have some of the most memorable songs. These songs bring back memories and are also some damn good songs! I have come up with a list of songs that I love from some of my favorite movies. The list is in no particular order, and likely missing some songs. It took a long time to narrow it down to 20, but I did it. Let’s go!
Be Alone Tonight
Hey Kinfolks! The wait is finally over! Remy Ma has dropped her highly anticipated Lil Kim assisted single “Wake Me Up”
When I initially heard the announcement Lil Kim hopped on a Remy Ma song, my first thought was, this will surely be a Nicki Minaj diss. Was I correct? Partly. While Remy doesn’t mention Nicki’s name directly Helen Keller could tell this song is aimed at Nicki Minaj. Continue reading
Kinfolk! You know I always looking for new and interesting podcasts to get me through the day. When I am looking for podcasts they have to informative, entertaining, funny, and be forward thinking. The Loud Speakers Network never disappoints all with podcasts like The Read, Gettin Grown, and The Friend Zone. Continue reading
Kinfolks it’s been a long time and shouldn’t have left you…you know the rest! Yes, I am back like I left something. Please excuse my absence, it’s a lot of ish going on around these parts. That’s neither here nor there, I know why you’re here, so let me get right to it.
The VH1 Hip Hop Honors: 90’s Game Changers premiered and it was interesting to say the least. I first want to know who was in charge of planning this function because there were several “90’s Game Changers” missing, which left me scratching my head. I know what you’re saying, “They couldn’t fit it all in such a short amount of time,” and you would be right. But there were several acts from the 90’s that should have been included, but I’ll let y’all talk amongst yourselves about that. I will say Foxy Brown should have been included, and that’s not because I stan for her, but moreso because she had run in the 90’s and VH1 snubbed her on the last Hip Hop Honors.
Let’s get to the performances:
- Missy Elliott opened the show with rousing renediton of her 90’s classic, “She’s A Bitch”’ she recreated her Hype Williams directed video for the song and basically shut shit down! Missy is legend and you will respect her! She still has it! Not much else I can say about her! Fire the hype man tho!
- Trick Daddy and Trina performed “Nann Nigga” I love Trina and Trick, but the outfit choices were questionable. Trina borrowed Tamar’s body suit from the Soul Train Awards and Trick’s tall T was a size smedium. I’ll let them rock tho because it’s 305, Dade County!
- Romeo and Silkk came out to honor Master P and No Limit, and all I want to know is, where was Mia X!?! I know Mystikal has legal trouble but was Mia unavailable?
- Xscape came out to perform “Just Kickin It” and more practice is needed before we kick off this “Great Xscape Tour” and also a new stylist is needed, because these fashions were dreadful! But it’s always nice to see Xscape on the stage because it took forever for them to get back together and secure “the bag”
- Ty Dola $ign did his best karaoke of Montell Jordan’s, “This Is How We Do It” and assisted Warren G with, “Regulators” the performance was cool
- Kandi and Tiny performed “No Scrubs” in full TLC costumes, this was cute because Kandi and Tiny penned the song and still are making coins to this day off that song.
- Fat Joe and Remy Ma honored Big Pun with “Don’t Wanna Be a Player No More” and it was a competition of who could recite the lyrics louder, someone skipped rehearsal. Remy needs a new stylist immediately before her album drops, the fits aren’t working!
- Lil Kim, Havoc, and Fabolous honored Prodigy(R.I.P) with “Quiet Storm(Remix),” and I need to talk with Kimberly Jones for hot second, and this comes from a place of love because she is one of my favs, but who is dressing you!?! Why is it never right Kimberly!?! You have too many industry connects to continue to come out like this! All that aside the performance was good with Fab performing Prodigy’s verse.
- Da Brat,Jermaine Dupri, The Lox, Mase, and Mariah Carey performed three different versions of “Honey,” it’s the 20th anniversary of Mariah’s classic ‘Butterfly’ album. Anthony Burrell told no lies about Mariah’s stage performance, it’s lazy! I would rather her not perform at all if she is going to continue to give these terrible ass performances. Mason Betha AKA Mase where did you find your ensemble at sir? Take it back!
I know you’ll say I’m too critical of VH1 and BET but if you’re going to do it, do it right! As I stated previously there were several acts missing from this show that were 90’s “Game Changers” VH1 do better next time! I am interested to know who has a seat at the planning table for this show, because we need to add some others that are more in tune with the “The Culture” to produce a better show next time around. That’s all I got Kinfolks.
Sidenote: The Martin tribute was nice, sad Martin and Tisha couldn’t work out their differences after all these years, but I understand.
Whut say you?